It’s getting colder and the leaves are falling off the trees. It’s time to start thinking about camping! One of my favorite things about camping is sitting around a roaring fire with friends and family, roasting marshmallows and making s’mores. Yum! If you’re like me then you know that when it comes to having a good time at camp, there’s nothing better than sitting by the fire with some hot coffee or cocoa in hand.
Luckily for all of us (especially those who live in cold climates), we can buy ready-to-go bundles of wood from most hardware stores – but if you want to buy your own bundle, I’ve put together this list below so that you can choose the best type.
How much does firewood cost for camping?
This can vary depending on where you are, what time of year it is and whether or not you can bring your own wood.
Most campgrounds have wood for sale at around $5 per bundle, sometimes even cheaper. If you bring your own wood, of course the price of firewood is essentially free.
Camping without a campfire is like camping in the winter. You need to bundle up and keep warm, so it’s best if you plan on buying some firewood while at your favorite spot for R&R during these cold months! A normal person will spend about $30-$60 total with two bundles burned per night over three days of camping time – that sounds cozy as can be doesn’t it?!
Where to buy firewood for camping?
This question is pretty common, because people all want to have a great time outside. If you are going out for camping or a picnic here are a few where to buy firewood for camping tips:
1. Decide on the spot first – Before buying anything related to your trip, decide on the location where you plan to go camping. This will help you decide on the required items and firewood to bring with you.
2. Locate a camping store nearby – If you want to buy firewood for camping then there is no better place than a local outdoor or camping supply store. They usually have good quality wood that they cut themselves, so that it burns well and lasts long.
3. Buy dry wood – If you are looking to buy firewood for cooking or other uses then be sure that it is dried and seasoned well. The best firewood should be the one which has the right balance of moisture and air content so that it burns easily and lasts long.
4. Always inspect the cords for damages before buying them – Even the best camping store will sell firewood in bundles. So take time to inspect if any of them are having damages like cracks or holes. If you don’t want to get stuck at your campsite with wet or damp wood, then check for any sign of moisture on the outside before buying it.
5. Check for bugs and insect infestation – Even if you have bought the best firewood around, but it is infested with bugs then they will eat up the next thing that you put on a fire. So always look for signs of insect droppings or tunnels before buying any cord of wood.
6. Buy from trusted sources – There are many people who do not have a burning fire at their homes, so they sell leftover wood from some other place. These sources are typically cheaper as compared to a camping store, but you never know if it is safe for use. So always prefer trusted sources of firewood rather than buying from someone in the neighborhood.
7. Pack all items in waterproof bags or containers – If you have decided to buy firewood for camping, then bring it in a waterproof container so that you can use dry wood without any hassles. Most people tend to forget the simple things while packing and they often get stuck when wet or damp wood ruins their trip.
8. Don’t rely on newspapers – If you think that newspaper is a good way to start a fire, then you are highly mistaken. It will take forever for the paper to catch fire and it also carries the risk of sparking into flames when exposed to heat or flame.
9. Buy fire starters instead – If you really want to be safe then buy some good quality fire starters that can help you in an emergency situation, when the wood is damp or wet. There are different types of firestarters available in the market to buy so find something that matches your budget and needs.
How can I get cheap firewood for camping?
These were a few ways to where you can buy firewood for camping, but what about those who are looking to get cheap wood? There is no such thing as getting “cheap” firewood, because the best price always comes with good quality. However there are a few tips that can help you get good value for your money:
1. Buy firewood in bulk – This is one of the best ways to get good value for your money, because most stores give a discount on big orders or bundles of wood. So if you are looking for cheap firewood then buy it in bigger quantities and split them up into different bundles with friends and family members who will be joining you for your camping trip.
2. Keep an eye on special deals – Another good way to get cheap wood is to keep an eye out for specials, discounts or coupons that are being offered by different stores around you. So always look at the ads before buying anything rather than looking for a deal after buying it.
3. Shop online – If you are looking to buy firewood for camping then you must check out some websites that sell different types of wood in bulk. If you don’t have a lot of time, then online shopping is a great option where there is a wide variety and you can get good value for your money.
4. Check the cost before buying – Another important tip about buying cheap wood is that you should always check the price before buying. Sometimes you might find bundles or cords of wood on sale, but if it costs too much per piece then it defeats the purpose.
5. Don’t shop for firewood in August – If you are planning to buy firewood for camping, then don’t visit any store or outlet in August. The demand for wood doubles up during this month, so the prices will also shoot through the roof. So if you are looking for cheap firewood then avoid buying it in summer at all costs.
6. Try your local hardware store – If there is no camping store near your home or town, then try visiting your local hardware store. There are many stores that sell bundles of wood or logs specifically for burning, so you should definitely check them out before heading to the camping store.
7. Shop around – If you are looking for cheap wood then you must always shop around to find the best price available in your area. Many people think that they will get a good deal from the first store they visit, but you might end up spending more if you don’t know what to look for.
8. Try different places – If you have a car then it is a good idea to visit as many shops as possible and check out their prices and deals before buying anything. So use your car wisely and find a few places to get cheap firewood for camping.
9. Check out your local newspaper – Sometimes people end up wasting their time by visiting too many places without knowing that they can also get good deals in the newspaper. There might be some shops or outlets that are selling wood at a bargain price, so make sure you check it out before making any final decision.
10. Buy only seasoned wood – If you want to get good value for your money then always buy seasoned firewood for camping that is ready to be used with an open flame. Some stores will also sell bundles that are pre-cut, so make sure you check out the entire selection before making up your mind.
Does Home Depot sell firewood?
The Home Depot has a variety of ways to buy firewood. They sell it individually in bundles, as cases with multiple Logs on pallets or by the whole stack! If you purchase too much though they offer delivery service for an additional charge that will bring your order right up to your door step so there’s no need for heavy lifting again this year.
Buy firewood for camping in bulk. Consider size, type and cost before buying any wood to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. It is also important to consider what kind of wood will suit your needs when shopping around for a good deal on cheap firewood. Buying seasoned or pre-cut bundles can save time at home while ensuring quality fuel for campfires all summer long!